Town Council is the governing body for the Town of Halton Hills.
Town Council Structure
Town Council has eleven members elected by the residents of the Town of Halton Hills for a four-year term of office through the municipal election process.
The eleven members of Town Council include:
Role of Ward Councillor
Representing your local area. A councillor's primary role is to represent their ward and the people who live in it. Councillors provide a bridge between the community and the council. ... communicate council decisions that affect them.
This abbreviated description for the role of ward councillor is based on the guide published by Municipal Act, 2001
· to represent the public and to consider the well-being and interests of the municipality;
· to develop and evaluate the policies and programs of the municipality;
· to ensure that administrative policies and practices are in place to implement the decisions of council;
· to ensure the accountability and transparency of the operations of the municipality;
· to maintain the financial integrity of the municipality;
· to carry out the duties of council under this or any other Act